Tuesday, November 16, 2004

You Came From My Heart

As time allows I hope to be able to provide readers of this site with writing projects I have completed and feel are ready for publishing. I intend to make these available in the "Other Works..." column to the right. This is one of those occasions.

Every parent of children that God has brought them through adoption must, at some point, face the task of explaining it. Even under the best of circumstances it can be a difficult undertaking and filled with emotion for all involved. In thinking about this I searched out most of the children's stories that attempt to address this issue. While some of these do an admirable job none met my particular need. I felt they were either too simple, too complex, age inappropriate, were not sufficiently sensitive, affirming, or left God's sovereign participation out of the picture.

You Came From My Heart sprung, therefore, out of my own need.

It is made available under the Creative Commons license, which allows copying and distribution so long as attribution is given and the use is not for a commercial purpose. In other words, you can give it away but you cannot sell it.

It is my hope and prayer that many adoptive families will benefit from this work. For...

In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Ephesians 1:5-6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter