Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Happiness & Virtue: Two Sides Of The Same Coin

Perhaps you've noticed a theme this week from my posts: Old Testament prophecies foretelling the Christ. After all, it is the season and what better time to reflect on the fact that God provided His people a rich, albiet mysterious, set of signposts foretelling the coming of their salvation - the Christ.

But Christmas is not a time of happiness for all. For many, the season only sharpens the discord and depression already felt. While Christ's love is the ultimate andidote to Christmas blues, I came across this piece by J.P. Moreland that is definately worth reading: Get it here

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Mark, I heartily agree. A friend of ours lost his brother to suicide last Christmas--he couldn't handle the world's merriment when his whole world was in darkness. I once read an excellent book called Roses in December, which urges us to be sensitive to those who are grieving, particularly around the holidays. Thanks for the reminder; I need to lift them up in prayer.

I am enjoying reading your posts on the fulfillment of OT prophecies. I once had a book that contained an exhaustive list of fulfilled prophecies but have either lost it or given it away.

Christmas blessings to all of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


free hit counter